AM Prep Cook
Slice, Dice, Sauté, & Stir up something delicious in our professional kitchen!
Prep Cook experience? Great! No experience? That’s ok too as long as
you’re fast at learning on the job!
We don’t care if you’re super outgoing or kinda reserved. We don’t care if you’ve got tattoos or wild hair or go to work to get away from your roommate’s obnoxious parrot. We don’t care about anything other than that you’re willing to learn and you want to be part of something genuine and good, because at The French Kitchen we are all about good food and good vibes! If you are looking for a positive and friendly work environment, a place to enhance your skills, or the ability to start a career in the food industry, you’ve come to the right place.
This is a growth & learning opportunity! We strongly believe in cross-training as we are committed to employee growth, development, and retention through quality training and hands-on learning.
- Prepare pre-ordered sandwiches for wholesale and delivery
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Prepare dishes such as salads, sandwiches, soups, friands, quiches, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with health and sanitation guidelines
- Wash and put away dishes
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Experience as Prep Cook preferred; Culinary school or training is a plus; Willing to train the right candidate
- Manual dexterity required; Ability to safely operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to meet time guidelines while staying positive under pressure
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Monday – Friday: 5:30am to 1:30pm
- Sat/Sun – Off
- Schedule may vary depending on events and holidays and may include weekends
- We can accommodate days off with advance notice.
- UP TO: $19.00/hour:
- $14.00 – $16.00 per hour based on experience
- Credit Card Tips – adds approximately $2.50-$3.00/hour; based on hours worked
- Get the chance to be the first to try out all of our tasty new culinary creations!
- 25% off Employee Discount including Cooking Classes
- 50% off Employee Discount on fresh items during shift
- Accrued Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued Paid Time Off for all full-time employees after 1 year
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Benefits:
- Includes: Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Open to all full-time employees after 90 days
- 25% employer-paid up to 1 year
- 50% employer-paid after 1 year
Hiring is contingent upon a successful 90-day probationary period.