Do you have what it bakes?
Make like bread…and rise to the challenge!
Work directly with our French Head Baker, with 20 over years of experience and expertise in traditional French pastries and baking, as well as our talented Head Chef and Pastry Chef. If you are looking for a positive and friendly work environment, a place to enhance your skills, or the ability to further your career in the food industry, you’ve come to the right place because, at The French Kitchen, we are all about good food and good vibes!
- Assist in making quality breads and pastries using various ovens
- Assemble dough and dough-based savory items (i.e. quiches, friands, puff pastries, etc.)
- Able to meet time guidelines while working under pressure
- Maintain a clean work area
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, and refrigerators
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum 1 year of experience in baking and food prep
- Experience with high-volume production is highly desired
- Knowledge of laminated dough and/or French Baking/Cooking is a plus
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods (up to 8 hours)
- Must be physically able to push, pull, carry, and lift 50-150lbs
- Must adhere to food safety laws and standards while preparing products
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently; Bilingual in French is a plus, but not mandatory
- Tuesday – Saturday – 1:00am to 9:00am
- Sunday/Monday – Off
- Hours will vary depending on events and holidays.
- We can accommodate days off with advance notice.
- UP TO: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- $16.00 to $19.00 per hour based on experience
- Credit Card Tips – adds approx. $2.50 – $3.00 per hour; based on hours worked
- Get the chance to be the first to try out all of our tasty new culinary creations!
- 25% off Employee Discount including Cooking Classes
- 50% off Employee Discount on fresh items during shift
- Accrued Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued Paid Time Off for all full-time employees after 1 year
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Benefits including Medical, Vision, and Dental; Open to all full-time employees after 60 days; 50% employer-contribution of lowest plan (several plan options available)
- Confidential third-party HR support and career help services offered