- Carapulcra de Cerdo
- Matasca de Carne
- Papa Rellena de Carne
- Arroz con Pollo
- Ceviche Carretillero
- Anticuchos de Pollo
- Aji de Rocoto Criollo
Discontinued in 2024! When we cook we help keep history and tradition alive. Nowhere is that more evident than with this Peruvian Classics #2 course. With this class, we’ll be using some truly ancient Peruvian recipes that date back thousands of years. For example, the Carapulcra de Cerdo (Dried potato stew with pork) uses a potato preservation technique that the Incas used in the Thirteenth Century. We’ll also learn about a classic meat and potato dish Matasca de Carne that uses Rocoto peppers to bring a little heat to the party. Of course, we won’t follow tradition for every dish. The Ceviche Carretillero will utilize a fried calamari which (though not traditional) brings a delicious crunchy texture to the dish. At the end of this class, we will be hosting a roller coaster ride for your taste buds with a tasting. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of samples to take home too!
You do not need to take Peruvian Classics 1 before taking this class.
- Carapulcra de Cerdo – Dried potato stew with pork
- Matasca de Carne – Peruvian meats and potatoes
- Papa Rellena de Carne – Beef stuffed potatoes
- Arroz con Pollo – Cilantro and beer chicken and rice
- Ceviche Carretillero – Fish Ceviche with Fried calamari
- Anticuchos de Pollo – Chicken skewers
- Aji de Rocoto Criollo – Peruvian classic hot sauce