(General Cooking Classes)
Do you have a unique culinary background or special niche?
What’s your passion? We want to know!
We want someone who gets so excited about food that it literally infects everyone around them. Why not bring all that personality and passion to our state-of-the-art Teaching Kitchen in gorgeous and sunny Colorado Springs, Colorado?! We currently have a 3-person Teaching Team, and we are looking to expand. What we have are outstanding, loyal customers……what we need is YOU!
Over the last ten years, our top-rated Cooking School has built a fun-loving community of full of bonafide Food Nerds who can’t get enough. Time and time again, our guests come back to us and get excited for all the magic in the kitchen because we offer a truly unique and inspiring experience. We currently have over 100 different classes in a variety of cuisines available directly to the public. Check out our Class Calendar and imagine yourself being a part of it!
- Create and develop new class curriculums for general cooking classes including recipes
- Ensure a fun and unique experience where guests can learn in a friendly environment
- Set up for class including cooking utensils, equipment, recipes, and necessary ingredients
- Delegate tasks to Class Assistant to ensure a clean workspace
- Create detailed grocery lists; Monitor food stock for freshness and quality
- Follow established TFK guidelines and procedures to ensure a consistent class experience
- Promote current classes, offers, equipment, and products
- Culinary Degree OR a minimum of five years of experience in the culinary industry
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of a variety of cooking techniques; Knowledge of baking and/or French cuisine is a plus
- Instructor experience not required, but you must be entertaining and engaging as an Instructor
- Creativity; Ability to write captivating descriptions of classes and dishes for marketing purposes
- Must be organized with strong time management skills
- Must be proficient in writing and familiar with Word and Excel
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods (up to 8 hours)
- 40 hours/week with 2 days off per week
- Two consecutive days off cannot be guaranteed at time of hiring as our current schedule is set until the next session is added
- Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays required; Schedule will vary
- Split shifts possible; Schedule may vary depending on holidays and events
- We can accommodate days off with advance notice
- UP TO = approx. $22.50 – $23.00/hour
- Base Pay: $20.00/hour
- Cash Tips + 18% Standard Gratuity for all Private Events
- Credit Card Tips – adds approx. $2.50 to $3.00 per hour; based on hours worked
- Bonuses and raises given based on performance
- 25% off Employee Discount including Cooking Classes
- 50% off Employee Discount on fresh items during shift
- Accrued Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued Paid Time Off for all full-time employees after 1 year
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Benefits:
- Includes: Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Open to all full-time employees after 90 days
- 25% employer-paid up to 1 year
- 50% employer-paid after 1 year
Hiring is contingent upon a successful 90-day probationary period.