The Cooking Classes Terms and Conditions constitute a legal and binding contract between The French Kitchen, LLC (“TFK”) and you (the “Agreement”), and by clicking the button, you are agreeing to be bound by all provisions in this Agreement at the time of your acceptance.
This Agreement may be updated at any time. It is your responsibility to review the most recent version of this Agreement when purchasing classes or services and to remain informed of any changes.
- Payment in full is required at time of registration by credit card, gift card, or gift certificate. If you wish to pay by cash or check, please contact TFK for alternate payment arrangements or visit our culinary center at 4771 North Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Payments will be processed at time of registration.
- Once you complete the registration and TFK receives payment in full, TFK will email your registration confirmation along with directions to TFK. Please notify TFK immediately if you do not receive a confirmation email. Participants are responsible to ensure they receive registration confirmation.
- Group events are reserved by completing a Private Event Booking Form and are subject to the Private Event Terms and Conditions.
- If TFK cancels a class due to low enrollment or other extenuating circumstances, all participants will receive a credit towards another class, or a full refund.
- TFK may substitute food items based on availability.
- Please arrive on time. Classes will always begin at their scheduled time.
- All cancellations require a 7-day notice from the time of scheduled class for full refund or class credit. If you cancel less than 7 days before your scheduled class time, TFK will not issue any refund, credit, or class transfer.
- TFK cannot provide refunds, credits or class transfers for classes missed as a result of illness, job loss, personal emergencies, scheduling conflicts, or events beyond TFK’s control. TFK will allow cancellation due to a Covid-related illness with written evidence. You may send another participant in your place in any such circumstance, provided such participant meets the participation criteria of TFK.
- TFK utilizes a Waiting List system on full classes in order to place waiting participants when a class opening arises:
- In the event you cancel a class less than 7 days before your scheduled class time, TFK will attempt to fill your spot.
- If, and only if, someone takes your vacated spot, TFK will allow you to switch your class and will provide you with a coupon code that may be applied toward the price of the new class. The coupon code will be for a credit in an amount equal to the price of your original class, less any discount applied toward your purchase price.
- You are only allowed one single class switch per reservation. However, you can always send another participant in your place in the event you need to cancel twice, so long as such participant meets the participation criteria of TFK.
- When switching to the same class or a different class more than 7 days before your scheduled class time, TFK will provide you with a coupon code that may be applied toward the price of the new class. The coupon code will be for a credit in an amount equal to the price of your original class, less any discount applied toward your purchase price.
- As a courtesy, we may send a reminder email prior to your scheduled class, though TFK cannot guarantee that a reminder will be sent. Participants are responsible for arriving to class on time. TFK cannot provide refunds or credits when a participant fails to attend a reserved class.
Staying Safe and Healthy
You are responsible for: (i) informing TFK if you have any medical and/or food allergies; and (ii) avoiding any contact with such medical and/or food allergies. TFK may attempt, but cannot guarantee, to accommodate your allergies. It is your responsibility to prevent allergic reactions.
You should be dressed comfortably but with safety in mind. Flip-flops and open-toed shoes are not permitted in the kitchen. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in machinery or equipment. Jewelry should not be worn. You should wear hair clips or bands for long hair.
Children under 17 years of age are not permitted in adult classes without an adult present. Children ages 13 – 17 may participate in adult classes with an adult. Additionally, children between the ages of 8 and 16 years may participate in TFK’s 1-hour bread class with an adult. Kids Cooking Classes are available for children ages 5-16.
Consent Form, Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release
The class or classes I am registering to take with TFK are for the purpose of learning to cook, which involves preparing and cooking food. Like all cooking activities, certain risks and dangers arise, not all of which can be described herein, but may include, without limitation, cuts, scrapes, scratches, puncture wounds, thermal burns, chemical burns, scalds, injuries from using cooking equipment and instruments, eye injuries or irritation, skin irritations, allergic reactions, food poisoning, slips, falls, and choking. I have read the aforementioned risks and I am familiar with the nature of the classes and activities involved in the cooking classes. I understand and appreciate the inherent risks and the types of injuries that may occur as a result of my participation. I assert that my participation in TFK’s classes or activities is voluntary and I knowingly assume all risks associated therewith.
I understand that I am ultimately responsible for maintaining the quality of the food I prepare, cook and eat during any class or after any class. I alone am responsible for protecting myself against allergic reactions pertaining to food.
Further, in consideration of my ability to participate in a class or activity, I do hereby waive, release, indemnify and shall hold harmless TFK and its owners, members, managers, officers, directors, chefs, employees, attorneys, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all demands, claims, losses, injury, damages, liability, attorney fees, costs, and/or expenses of litigation, in law or in equity, whether known or unknown, that have arisen or may arise from my participation in or attendance at any classes or activities provided by TFK, or from my use of any recipe, skill, technique, or method learned from TFK or in any of TFK’s classes or activities . Further, I promise not to sue any of the Released Parties for such demands, claims, or liability.
At the end of the course, recipes will be given to participants for the food items produced. TFK hopes you will use these recipes for personal use. However, these recipes are and remain the intellectual property of TFK.
You may not use TFK’s recipes for any commercial use. TFK reserves the right to take judicial action to prevent any unauthorized use of TFK’s recipes.
Photographs, Videos, and Recordings
For privacy purposes, and to protect TFK’s intellectual property, you may not make video, audio, or any other recordings of any of TFK’s classes or activities without first obtaining TFK’s prior written consent. You may take photographs of your participation in TFK’s classes and activities for personal use; provided, however, that you must obtain consent of any other participants or any chef or employee of TFK included in such photographs.
Unless you provide TFK with written notice to the contrary, prior to your participation in any TFK class or activity, you agree that TFK may take photographs or make video, audio, or other recordings of such class or activity, and hereby grant TFK permission to use such photographs or recordings, along with your image, voice, performance, or likeness, on TFK’s website, for marketing and advertising purposes, in connection with media releases, for informational purposes, and for any other commercial purpose reasonably related to TFK’s business as determined by TFK.
TFK shall strive to preserve the confidentiality of any information you provide to TFK, and will not sell or give your information to any third party.
Exchange and Return Policy
Purchased kitchen equipment may be returned for a refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase, so long as a receipt is provided, and such equipment is unused in its original packaging.
Food and beverage items, disposable food containers, and linen items (including, without limitation, aprons, dish cloths, and apparel), may not be returned, and these sales are final at the time of purchase.
TFK will hold items for pickup, so long as full payment is provided at the time the hold is placed. If held items are not picked up within 120 days of purchase, TFK reserves the right to cancel the purchase, and retain the purchase price.
To the extent permitted by law, TFK disclaims any and all warranties on items sold at retail. Manufacturer warranties may apply, which are independent of TFK.